Physiotherapy is a science-based healthcare profession, which is concerned with identifying and maximising quality of life and movement potential.
It is one of the best-proven approaches to treatment of the joints, muscles, tendons, nerves, ligaments and fascia. Physiotherapy plays a vital part in pain relief and healing, and can help restore joint mobility, muscle flexibility, strength and coordination, as well as core stability after injury or disease.
Treatment modalities include, among others, electrotherapy, massage, soft tissue release, joint and spinal mobilisation/manipulation, postural analysis and remedial exercise prescription.
The physiotherapy team at Therapy First Physio Clinic look at the entire person with the aim of alleviating pain, restoring normal movement and providing long term solutions to musculoskeletal (MSK) problems.
Therapy First Physio Clinics are based in MediaCityUK and Deansgate, we believe that getting to understand you better as a person, identifying your specific problem, then meeting and exceeding your goals through rehabilitation and preventative exercise prescription. We do this because everyone’s movement health matters. At Therapy First Physio Clinics our aim is to restore you to your former self.
- We will take a full history of your problem and a medical history which is documented.
- A physical examination of the area involved is performed.
- Following your physiotherapy assessment, your Physio will explain the details of your problem.
- Your treatment options and a treatment plan will then be discussed with you and agreed.
- Your treatment will then commence on your initial appointment.
- Should physiotherapy be inappropriate, or your physiotherapist feel further investigation is required they will inform you of the best course of action and if necessary, arrange onward referral.
- Your initial Physiotherapy consultation will be between 45-60 minutes long which involves an in-depth assessment of your condition and followed by treatment.
Follow up treatments are usually 30 minutes long although extended sessions are available if needed. The number of treatments you require will depend on your condition and your physiotherapist will discuss this at your initial appointment. We will always tell you what the optimum or most appropriate course of Physiotherapy treatment is based on current evidence and research.
Our Physiotherapists specialises in the correction of movement faults and we use a combination of manual therapy, electrotherapy, and acupuncture with structured exercises and practical advice.
- Acupuncture and dry needling
- Manipulation and Joint Mobilisation
- Manual Therapy, Massage and Fascial Technique
- Electrotherapy Inc. Ultrasound, TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation)
- Taping Inc. Kinesiology and Traditional Tape
- Pilates and Core Control Exercises